Sunday, June 24, 2012

Advice Now, Introductions Later!

Hi internet world! I've decided to finally make my debut. I initially had so many ideas about how I wanted to start my blog, make proper introductions, and so on.  However, I have a "pressing" question to throw out to any skin-care experts, and further introductions shall be made later! 

I am 24, soon to be 25, and I still have acne :-( Now it's not horrible, but I see so many of my peers with fresh, beautiful faces, and find myself wondering, when will that be me? I have had pimples since I was 10, and after 15 years, you start to wonder when you'll grow out of it. 

I have tried almost EVERY product out there from drug store products (Clean & Clear, Noxema, Aveno), to television ads (Proactiv), to department store counters (Clinique Acne 3-Step, Origins, Body Shop Tea Tree Oil collection, Bare Escentuals bareVitamins) and even prescription antibiotic cleansing pads from my doctor. Unfortunately, I've spent a lot of time, money, and wasted hope on these products, and none of them have given me results that I am satisfied with.

However, I recently tried a sample I found in my closet from... who knows when - of Clinique's Turnaround Concentrate. I found that I really liked it! Although my skin still had some blemishes, I liked how it made my skin feel, almost like it was healing and moist, rather than angry and irritated. Now here's my dilemma: it's so darn expensive! $42.50 for 30mL!!! You've got to be kidding me! I don't have money to throw around on a product I may have to purchase twice a month! Especially because this is not a life or death situation here. 

If anyone has any advice or solutions that clear up skin on a budget, please post-away!!! I am thinking that because I've tried the "kill the bacteria, burn it away" method which just seems to anger my skin, serums may be the best option, which may lead me to a pricier product. Le sigh. 

Thank you for your time and thoughts! An introduction post shall follow.

Goodnight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment